Premature game ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature game ending.

Hi, first of all apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

I've just bought Beyond the Sword and so far its been great. I've run into a minor problem though and I don't know whether its me being obtuse or some new feature.

I started a custom scenario (Earth 18civs) as Romans on Marathon mode. I'm pretty sure I unticked every victory condition other than Conquest which is my preffered game type. So I got under way and was just beginning to get into again when a timer appeared at the top right of the screen.

"90 turns left!" it said, I just ignored it and carried on playing. Of course when the 90 turns were up the game ended around the 1000 AD mark!?

To say I was annoyed is a bit of an understatement! So what happened? Did I accidentally leave a different victory condition on or is this a bug/game feature? I really like to take my time in all my civ games and don't enjoy being rushed by artificial time limits.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You opened a scenario.
    You shouldn't wonder then that it has something different from normal game.
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin
      You opened a scenario.
      You shouldn't wonder then that it has something different from normal game.
      I.e. the scenario in question most probably requires reaching an objective before a certain date. Have you checked that is not the case?
      "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Comment

That actually sounds like a bug to me - but also, isn't Earth18 used with the Rhye's and Fall mod? That might be part of the problem, but I recall there was a stand-alone version too.

I hate to say it, but you might be better off asking over in Rhye's forum over at CFC :X
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

It sounds like you didn't remove the timer victory ... i'd assume that until you knew otherwise. Or, like guermantes said.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Can you open up the save and look at the victory conditions? Maybe post a save?
            "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X