How to load a Civ4 autosave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to load a Civ4 autosave?

Had a power outage, my last manual save is forever ago. I can load manual saves from the load screen but nowhere does it say "auto" which is what the instructions say to look for, Help?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

It should be a subfolder of your standard "single" directory. (Autosaves won't be in the main directory.)

If the subfolder's not there, you may not have autosaves enabled. :/

Comment

The game tells me it is auto saving so I think its on. I'll look in the single directory subfolder again and get back...and thanks Kloreep.

Comment

Ok, found it. (doh!)

Comment

One of my kids had the system crash after hundreds of years of progress. I was able to answer this exact same question with the exact same answer. I was a saviour and a guru and a great wise one. The respect and awe lasted for several minutes, which is pretty good in parenting standards.
          If you aren't confused,
          You don't understand.

Comment

I always autosave every turn, and keep 2000 autosaves (you can configure that in the ini file)
            That way I keep a nice log of all my games!
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Nice tip CyberShy!!!
              Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
              The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
              Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
              Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Hey, didn't think of that, thanks! However, I don't have enough space on my laptop to allow so many saves... But last 10 or 20 should be enough

Comment

Working...
                X