Starting past Ancient era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting past Ancient era

Since I'm not getting to see as much of the later stages of the game as I want I was going to play one that started in a later era but on epic so it still took about the same number of turns, but I was wondering what happens to religion. If I start with technology past where religions are founded, will the game just not have any religion? That seems like a significant feature to be left out entirely.
    Also here's something that seems like a design oversight. If I want to use a specific map I have to use 'Custom Game', but it doesn't allow you to pick an era to start with, even if it's a map that has nothing but the map itself and no other information. I can open up the file in a text editor and write in the era I want myself but there's no reason it shouldn't let me do that from inside the game. Does that seem weird to anyone else.

After the first turn or two religions start getting founded in different cities. Have only played a late start game once and so don't know how the cities are decided but they seemed to be fairly evenly spread between the civs.

Comment

Custom game allows you to pick an era to start with Read more carefully what the options are.

You also have the choice of "Advanced Start" (where you can buy units etc.) or just regular past ancient era start (where you just get the automatic handful of settlers and units). For a SP game I do not recommend Advanced Start because the AI is horrid at it (unless you want some help against the AI... )
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i did advanced start and bought most of the religions and teched the others. except for that I was doing horrible....
        Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          Custom game allows you to pick an era to start with Read more carefully what the options are.

You also have the choice of "Advanced Start" (where you can buy units etc.) or just regular past ancient era start (where you just get the automatic handful of settlers and units). For a SP game I do not recommend Advanced Start because the AI is horrid at it (unless you want some help against the AI... )
          I meant to say custom scenario. That's the one I use because I also want no tech brokering, and it has the era pulldown grayed out.

Comment

Working...
          X