No announcement yet.

Help with BTS getting owned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange, when you think about it that all of this comes from a typo.

I bleym yu Americuns for not notissing wen a beysik wurd iz spelt rong, continew with the misteyk and then later cheynge the rools so that the old spelling is rong.

As a simple rule, spelling laws should be left to those who know how to spell.

It also makes sense that terms like these would be used on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by couerdelion
      Strange, when you think about it that all of this comes from a typo.

I bleym yu Americuns for not notissing wen a beysik wurd iz spelt rong, continew with the misteyk and then later cheynge the rools so that the old spelling is rong.

As a simple rule, spelling laws should be left to those who know how to spell.

It also makes sense that terms like these would be used on the internet.
      PWN3D

(Sorry. I couldn't resist....)

To bring the thread full-circle, I've noticed that when it's being invaded, the AI tends to hold back a mobile offensive force in reserve (e.g., Knights). Then, if a city is conquered by the invader, it sends the fresh offensive force to savage the troops in the city that fell, which are usually damaged from their initial attack, and since the city is (typically) in resistance, lack the cultural defenses, too. SO you should always try to get a few fresh defensive units into a newly-seized city....
      "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

when attacking cities you need catapults/cannons/artillery. this may be stating the obvious but having these is much more important than in other civ games ive played (ive gone from civ 3 to bts).
        you need a mixed stack

Comment

To bring the thread full-circle, I've noticed that when it's being invaded, the AI tends to hold back a mobile offensive force in reserve (e.g., Knights). Then, if a city is conquered by the invader, it sends the fresh offensive force to savage the troops in the city that fell, which are usually damaged from their initial attack, and since the city is (typically) in resistance, lack the cultural defenses, too. SO you should always try to get a few fresh defensive units into a newly-seized city....

Better still to have your own mobile force in reserve, which can wipe out the AI's mobile force after it retakes the city. Defending a city against AI collateral damage units can be cost prohibitive.

For example, in a recent game, I took a city and had two undamaged infantry and three cavalry in it. Imagine my surprise when the AI's friend conquered the city with a stack of trebuchets and knights. Fortunately, I had enough units in reserve to retake the city.

As Blake has pointed out several times, it's better to use your city raiders to attack cities insead of defending them.

Comment

And in general, field promotions are better than city defender promotions. There is just so much harm an enemy force inside your territory that you can't enage can do.

If planning an offensive war, build CR units. If not planning an offensive war, build field promotion counter units. (Axemen to fight Swords; Crossbows to fight Macemen; etc.)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In my experience, the AI seems to divide its army into three groups:
              1) garrison
              2) local patrols
              3) field force

Garrison units sit in their cities or on their resource points and do nothing else. Local patrols stay in the neighborhood of a city and wander around; these are what hits you when you take the city nearby. The field force moves on you as soon as war is declared, which is why declaring war then sitting still and killing the enemies as they move into your territory is a viable method for minimizing war weariness.

Yes, the use of local patrols as a counter-attacking force does mean you have to both take the city and immediately defend it. I hardly think this is a bad thing.
              Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I agree with joncnunn.
                Promote for the offensive.
                If I'm relying on units to defend my cities, it's already too late. Attacking stacks with seige units is better than deffending against them.

I may have one defensive promotion unit that i move with the stack to move in the enemy cities that I just captured.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X