No announcement yet.

Just heard about BtS - worth getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strength of Civ as a game is its ability to balance between driving you crazy with challange and driving you wild with satisfaction. Somewhere in there is the corresponding balance of irritation and fun that leads to the one-more-turn syndrome. BTS moves Civ4 even closer to that borderline. The factors built in make for unexpected moves and events as well as many opportunities to create advantages over opponents. It is, for my gameplay, a level harder, mostly because of AI changes (thanks to Blake!) and because of certain play aspects. (The Apostolic Palace is still unpredicitable to me! I did get a Colony going though, and that was satisfying. Etc, etc.)

Also, there seems to be a bit of polish to the eye candy. I know that does not matter to many, but if I am spending hours and hours staring at that map, I like it that the units move smoother, that units look different between Civs, that roads change their look, etc. My favorite eye candy so far is watching my Space Ship take off and being able to zoom the camera all the way to orbital level before the Space Ship flew past my camera view.

I now have not one, but two kids who are dabbling with Civ. I am not entirely sure why, but it seems that BTS has a lot to do with that. However, if BTS is able to suck in someone who previously refused to have anything to do with Civ, that is a massive positive recommendation to anyone who already likes the idea of Civ in the first place.

Try it. You'll like it. I offer a money back gurantee. Any money you give me towards the purchase of BTS, I will gladly refund to you if you are unsatisfied with the product.
    If you aren't confused,
    You don't understand.

Comment

eris brings up a great point. The basic units look different based on civilization type. The asian caravel is really nice. This small difference makes the game much more enjoyable. I used to play the expansions just to see the new or different units. BTW I miss the Mayan Javelin Thrower that could capture a worker just by defeating a Barbarian Warrior.
      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
      X