I... suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael
    How far beyond other civs do you need to be before you can relax?
    For me... at a minimum, military tech parity + a lead in other areas, because I know I will leverage my lead in "builder" techs into a military tech lead soon enough.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      So I'm coming around to the idea that I'm not a failure if my science rate is below 100%, but I always feel kind of disappointed because it means that I could be researching faster.
      I suppose you build Banks in all your cities too? If you're running at 100% then a Bank is all but useless. That's the kind of not-necessarily-intuitive thinking that can be tough to wrap your brain around.

How far beyond other civs do you need to be before you can relax?
      Never. All it takes is one invasion by Monty with 50 so-called "outdated" units to convince you of the error of "relaxing".

Also, if you're behind in tech and trying to catch up, can you ever feel comfortable with anything other than the most beakers you can possibly manage?
      Sure. As long as you are taking steps to turn yourself around, then there is "light on the horizon". Perhaps those steps are simply to invade a neighbor, even with "outdated units". Done properly, this can net you a few new cities and additional resources, that will do the trick. Or, perhaps the steps you are taking are more along the lines of whipping courthouses in all your cities, which will dramatically reduce your expenses.

Wodan

Comment

Relax?.. There is no Relax!

It's safer to lower someone elses research instead of raising yours. (think about it)

80% of nothing is nothing (100% of nothing is still nothing)

This game is best played out of your comfort zone
        (while you are busy getting comfortable... nevermind, you figure it out)

If someone is creeping up behind you, it's often better to back them down rather than flee
        (I once saw a female elaphant that was protecting her baby back down to a human because
        he was more aggressive and did not turn his back to her)

Even a crappy hand can win the pot if played properly
        Last edited by Ingot; September 26, 2007, 07:51.

Comment

Working...
        X