No announcement yet.

BtS Patch 3.13 - out now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantity, azzaman, most of which are usually (though not always) juvenile (or younger/worse) in the extreme. Gaius Octavius is quite familiar with CFC, as you should know.

I even go there, for there are some very useful tidbits of info there occasionally. But I participate there rarely, and my visits there are usually a waste of time.

Comment

• Yeah, but to be a Deity over there you only need to be the equivalent of our Kings. And there's no CivFanatics Plus Subscription service. And there's no CFC Podcast interviews with Firaxians and their associates.

Plus there are 33% more members at CFC than Poly, yet about 60% more threads and only about 25% more posts. Sounds like CFC is where people post more short, shallow threads that don't really go anywhere. That's what those stats say to me.

I admit CFC is a good place for finding mods though.

And ON topic now, c'mon patch! Some of those modmakers are waiting on it, and I want them to get cracking on said mods! There're some very cool things that have been done with Warlords mods, and I REALLY want to see the new BtS features expanded on in a similar fashion!
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Originally posted by azzaman333

Civilization Fanatics' Forums Statistics
        Threads: 222,682, Posts: 5,840,368, Members: 127,216
        Yeah, but there's a tendency among certain of their numbers to do nothing but waste bandwidth on childish flame wars instead of actually playing the game.

I certainly haven't seen anything as egregious as that on this forum, much to its credit. These Greek folks run a good forum. Heck, I'm starting to think I should apologize for all those Andreas Pappandreou jokes I told in the nineties....

"The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          Plus there are 33% more members at CFC than Poly, yet about 60% more threads and only about 25% more posts. Sounds like CFC is where people post more short, shallow threads that don't really go anywhere. That's what those stats say to me.

I admit CFC is a good place for finding mods though.
          That's about the size of it. I had a talk with Solver about this earlier in the week... Would that 'Poly had a more active modding community.
          "Make Haste Slowly."

Comment

• I think there are much much much less irrelevant and repeating threads (but not devoid of ) on Apolyton which makes it a nice community.

But, like you said, there is no modding community here! Well, not a sizeable one. CFC has all the modding activity (even though I only use the graphical mods for terrain and units).

Comment

• ty alex for keeping us in the loop. ty apolyton for great froum(with very little silly ****).& ty firaxis for bts, turned a good game into a great game.
              & ty for what looks to be a very good patch.

also, i would like to say thx to my parents, your guys parents, everybodys pets, & to scotland for producing the worlds greatest whiskies.

Comment

• I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Patch this evening, yes?

Comment

• I just hope it to happen in the evening, not night,
                    since I live in the GMT +1 zone and want to play today!

well, of course night will make just as well

Comment

• Originally posted by jkp1187

Yeah, but there's a tendency among certain of their numbers to do nothing but waste bandwidth on childish flame wars instead of actually playing the game.

I cross-read that thread a little and I just can say eagerly awaiting the patch is one thing, but infantile flaming combined with some "I know better than alexman"-behaviour is something thus immature...
                      Indeed the nearly most sad thing is, that most of those who caused alexman's reaction of pure disappointment still not even seem to understand what damage they did and do to their own forum and its reputation.

I eagerly await the patch as well, but better wait a little longer than unnecessarily set the patch-programmers thus under pressure that they release it not as optimized as possible!

And a special thanks to alexman that he always tried/tries to keep the CIV-community up to date, for sure even at the cost of his maybe rare spare time!

PS: I´d have posted this at civfanatics as well, but a wise mod preferred to close that thread before it was possible...
                      -=] Laws were made for man, and not man for the laws! (~Jesus v. Nazareth) [=-

Comment

• I want to be just like you

Comment

• Hope the patch comes soon! Can't wait to create a super blitzing-battleship with my Great General

Comment

• Originally posted by MoonWolf
                            Hope the patch comes soon! Can't wait to create a super blitzing-battleship with my Great General
                            In theory, since it didn't come out yesterday, it should be out some time today(between 8am and 9pm GMT-5/eastern time zone)

Comment

• Originally posted by mike2h
                              also, i would like to say thx to my parents, your guys parents, everybodys pets, & to scotland for producing the worlds greatest whiskies.
                              Well done .

Here is hoping we get the patch today. And if not, we can blame Take2 .
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• No Imran, we would just blame you. (Now where did that pirate smiley go?)

Comment

Working...
                                X