Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apostolic Palace still working after UN is built???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apostolic Palace still working after UN is built???

Really wierd thing just happened in a game I just finished. Very late game; the UN had long been built and many things voted on and such, I had even already launched the space ship, when suddenly the little screen popped up asking me who I wanted to vote for for a religious vicotry at the Apastolic Palace! It only gave me one option, the Etheopeons, or else abstain. What's even wierder is that they didn't even HAVE a state religion any more; the free religion resolution had long since passed, so everyone was in free religion and therefore no one had a state religion.

As far as I can tell, the event that triggered it was apparently me taking one of their cities, a Buddhist city, which I assume meant that every civ now had at least one Buddhist city. But it's just bizzare; shouldn't the Apastolic Palace and the religious victory not work anymore after Mass Media comes around and the UN in built? Or is that only true if the nation that has the Palace has mass media? Also, why did it still work even when he no longer had a state religion?

If the nation controlling the AP has Mass Media, Elections are still held even if someone else has the UN. Personally I'd like to see AP phased out when owner or 3 other civs have Mass Media or something along those lines.
    It is better to be feared than loved. - Machiavelli

Comment

I seem to recall that in earlier versions of civ (civ 3? civ 2?) when *anyone* discovered an "obsoleting" technology, ALL civs immediately felt the effects of that. Frankly, that makes way more sense than the way things are set up now. After all, if my civ is still using monastaries when all other civs have got physics and biology, my monastaries aren't exactly going to be attracting the best and brightest scientists.

Comment

Working...
      X