Replaying a start with a different trait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaying a start with a different trait

I have been following with interest the discussion on the value of the financial trait and farms vs cottages. I thought I'd try the same start with and without the financial trait. I first played to AD 1 as Mansa Musa. I then changed the XML to substitute philosophical for financial (CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml).

I loaded the start and checked the settings - I was now spiritual and philosophical. I played some turns, built a library and allocated two scientists. The mouseover showed +100% GPP for philosophical leader. But wait a minute; that +100% isn't being added.

What's gone wrong? Do I need to change something else in the XML? Is there some other way to replay a start with a different leader (or traits)?

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

The text is probably wrong, it probably is giving you 6 (but check that the +6 isn't wrong - make sure it's not really adding 12). More than likely you were given the trait in the save, while it's looking up the generic mansa musa (I'm fairly sure traits for 'team' are put in the save file, at least they are for worldbuilder files).

Python should change it for you, something in the console (~ key)... not sure exactly what, but it should be possible there. Locutus would probably know ...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Rather than test if you have the Parthenon somewhere every time a city generates GPP, it probably stores the GPP multiplier for each player and only changes it when something changes. It looks like it might even do this in saves.

I'd try going into the worldbuilder and saving your position as a scenario and then playing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nor Me
        Rather than test if you have the Parthenon somewhere every time a city generates GPP, it probably stores the GPP multiplier for each player and only changes it when something changes. It looks like it might even do this in saves.

I'd try going into the worldbuilder and saving your position as a scenario and then playing that.
        Good catch. Saving from Worldbuilder seems to work. There's a minor problem that the random number generator gets reset, but it should be possible to work around that.

RJM
        Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
        X