Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do failed spy missions degrade relations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do failed spy missions degrade relations?

I have not read anywhere that if you fail at a spy mission that you take a hit in your relations with that AI player. Is this true and what is the cost? I have been spaming spies all over. I love them! I have spies in my cities, in your cities and your friends cities. Gotta feel the spy love!

Anyway thanks for any help you can on this!!

It depends. There are two ways how spies get caught. In one case, they simply get caught but their origin remains unknown. In the other case, their origin is also revealed. In the latter situation, then, there'll be a -1 relations hit for each incident.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thanks Solver!

I am using your patch and I love it! Thanks for the quick reply. I know what you are talking about. Also I have found that I have placed a spy in a city that is surrounded by my troops and sometimes Ill do the revolt thing and the spy will get caught BUT here is the kicker the mission still is a success!

So if the spy gets stumbled upon no hit.

But if you do a mission and get caught than a -1 to your relations.

Got it, Thanks very much!

Comment

A spy can be stumbled upon and still be identified, larsenex. You can see that when you expose & identify a spy whose location isn't in a city or on an improvement.
        I've rarely (never?) had an improvement sabotaged, so even if on an improvement they may still be just in transit when they are exposed.

Comment

Yeah, spies can fail and be caught or they can succeed in their mission and still get caught. Makes sense I suppose
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Does putting a spy in one of your own cities increase the chances of catching an enemy spy?

Comment

Yes if you put a spy in your city you gain some amount of protection in that the chance of discovering enemy spies goes up. I dont know how much though.

Comment

ok, so that counter-espionage activity is passive? The only (active) counter espionage activity I was able to use was placing a spy in an enemy city and order him to perform the mission which raises the enemies'costs of spying on me.

Comment

Originally posted by larsenex
                  Yes if you put a spy in your city you gain some amount of protection in that the chance of discovering enemy spies goes up. I dont know how much though.
                  Yeah, that seemed to work for me. I was wondering if mulitiple spies in a city increased the protection offered.

Comment

Working...
                  X