Slowing down of time between turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowing down of time between turns

Is there a way to improve how long the game runs the AI and such between each of my turns? It gets longer and longer as the game progresses( just like Birth of the Federation, though not nearly as bad. alas, such a good game). I assume reducing the graphics quality will help, though wish I didn't need to, but is there anything else someone can suggestion to improve/fix this? other computer/windows tweaks? Mods? etc.

Between turrns, turning down graphics won't help much. Get a faster CPU is the only real way to do this, or possibly more memory if memory is a limiting factor (512mb or less).

Otherwise play with a smaller map, or fewer nations... or kill off more AIs earlier

The slowdown is from calculations, not from graphics, when it's the AI's turn, unless you have all of the 'view friend/enemy moves' turned on. Turn those off if you do, as long as you don't mind not seeing them. That will certainly speed things up.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      kill off more AIs earlier
      Yep... that works well
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Graphics quality won't help. Killing off AI's may or may not help, depending on how that helps the others expand.

Or you could OC your CPU

Comment

If you kill off an AI and allow another AI to expand into its place you are not doing your job properly
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Alright thanks for the info guys. Guess i'm screwed on huge maps

Comment

Originally posted by FireWalkWithMe
              Alright thanks for the info guys. Guess i'm screwed on huge maps
              You get used to it, believe me :/
              - Dregor

Comment

I just watch TV between turns

Comment

Re: Slowing down of time between turns

Originally posted by FireWalkWithMe
                  Is there a way to improve how long the game runs the AI and such between each of my turns? It gets longer and longer as the game progresses( just like Birth of the Federation, though not nearly as bad. alas, such a good game). I assume reducing the graphics quality will help, though wish I didn't need to, but is there anything else someone can suggestion to improve/fix this? other computer/windows tweaks? Mods? etc.
                  Unfortunately my experience is that there is not too much to be done.

CPU should make the biggest difference here but even with a reasonable fast CPU, like my Intel Duo (2400) with 2gb of memory, the wait between turns during end-game can be quite long and this on a medium-sized map.
                  GOWIEHOWIE! Uh...does that
                  even mean anything?

Comment

Working...
                  X