Wonder movies not playing correctly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder movies not playing correctly.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything dealing with the exact issue I'm having, but hopefully someone can help me out here. Whenever a wonder movie plays, it runs fine for the first ten or fifteen seconds, then the video just stops. The sound continues, but the image just freezes. If I let it play through, the video eventually jumps to where it should be during the last few seconds of play.

The intro video plays just fine. I haven't finished a game yet, so I don't know about victory movies.

I just started playing again after a long break and this is the first time I've had this problem. I can only think of three things that have changed since then: I upgraded my memory from one to two gigs (don't know how that could possibly be an issue); I upgraded my video card from a GeForce 6800 to an 8600; and of course I installed the latest patch.

I'm also playing Warlords, if that makes any difference. Anyone have some insight they could share?

I get the same problem intermittently with BtS. Most of the time my videos work, but sometimes I get freeze-ups like you mention. I used to get them with Warlords as well, also intermittently. My guess is it has to do with how much video memory is in use, but I haven't really paid enough attention to see if it happens more often late in games when there are more units and a bigger map being drawn, or anything like that. I seem to get it less often with BtS than I did with Warlords.

So, no, it's not just you. And no, I don't know the solution, sorry.
    Keith

si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
    X