How can one see the odds of combat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can one see the odds of combat?

Almost hijacked another thread for this, so thought I'd better make my own :

How can you see the odds of combat?

One way of seeing the probability is to use the "go to" function and hold the mouse pointer over the unit you are thinking of attacking. With my settings, the probability (as a percentage) appears in the bottom left of the screen.

RJM
    Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

allright, thanks!

Comment

You can also hold the alt button and mouse over the enemy unit. This can be helpful if you are prone to accidental clicks.

Comment

I tried some of those keymoves, but never got the result I wanted. oh well, will try again.. I heared that settings were mentioned. Is this display optional? via using the settings menu?

Comment

Originally posted by HoldSteady
            I tried some of those keymoves, but never got the result I wanted. oh well, will try again.. I heared that settings were mentioned. Is this display optional? via using the settings menu?
            I don't think the probability display is affected by the settings, but the settings do affect the goto function which could have an indirect effect.

RJM
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

The odds are broken for stacks. It will often show you the correct odds for a horse archer 1% combat 49 % retreat but then use a melee character such as a swordsman to attack. Thus, the odds you were shown, while correct are not the odds for the combat you just fought. Other than than that the odds calculations seem correct.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X