No announcement yet.

stronger AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The improved AI in BTS does mean that you'll see a lot more large stacks of units.

Comment

Originally posted by HoldSteady
      uhh. How can one see this attack percentage? and how do you improve your attack percentage, other by fielding better units and not attacking on enemies with defensive bonusses like hills and rivers? 95% sounds like a lot!
      There are (at least) four keys to getting great combat odds:

1) Build as large a tech lead as possible so your attacking units will be intrinsically stronger units than the defenders.
      2) Use bombardment with artillery-type units, ships, and/or aircraft to eliminate cities' defenses before attacking.
      3) Use air strikes to really clobber the enemy units before the ground forces move in.
      4) Once these tactics are used to pave the way, attack with units that have as many relevant promotions as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
        Oh, CURSE you cup-half-empty-ers!
        Why don't you record EVERY battle and see the TOTAL record, not just the ones that disappoint you!

That's why the AI will sometimes make a terrible-odds attack: to "experience" the occasional surprise win ... and for you to gasp in horror.
        Well said. I had a coastal city with only 1 level 3 rifleman defending. Monty hit me with an amphibious attack of trebuchets, jaguar warriors, horse archers, and crossbowmen. About 16 in all, I think. This rifleman fought off the onslaught singlehanded to my surprise.
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

... and is now the highest experience late era unit on record without a GG? That's got to be close to 30-40 xp (plus the 3 levels he has already)...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X