The Problem and Solution of Terra Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Problem and Solution of Terra Maps

Ok, so I'm playing a terra and quite frankly getting beat. I'm not as far behind on techs as land. and without land, my score is suffering. Well as allways I'm stuck on a god-forsaken part of the starting continent. 2 Copper in my empire and by sheir luck was able to get horses. if you havent figured it out yet, I'm in the Tundra. I even had to build a city on an ice tile. its pre-Exploration, I have 6 cities, 3 of whitch are good at reserch, 2 are moderate, and 1 is lagging. (its fairly new and the one in the ice). well I'm surrounded by hostile civs, Japan, Greece, Vikings, and Sumeria can be mean when it wants too. I'm trying to figure a way out of this mess. when suddenly I get a seemingly great Idea. The "New World"!!

So I scamble to get Asrtonomy. maxing reserch whenever I can. I get optics and send out 2 carevels to scout out the world. ( well wouldn't ya know I circumnavigate the globe, hooray for me )welll Astronomy is 20 turns away and I forgot about code of laws. so I take about 3 techs taking 4-6 turns each to get a little more advanced. well I finnaly get Astronomy. and I'm off!! I build my first East Indiaman ( yes folks, thats right, I'm playing Dutch) and I load it with 2 settlers and 2 musketman, but not before scouting the land with 2 knights (I got access to Iron) and an Explorer. With one of the knights I find a rather unprotected city and "perswade them to come over to the dutch side" and so I have my first City in the "New World"

so I fill another ship with 2 settlers and and musketmen and a third with Islamic Missonaries and a Worker. I head off. 8 turns later I land on the pre approved landing spot. to my dismay their's a barb city just south of it, I head north and Found my first city... Middleburg. drop a musketman and a worker (I was ablt to capture 2 from the barbs) and head west to found Delft. meanwile capturing the city that was in my way before. a nice prize. I found 2 more and capture 4 more, bringing my city count up to 14. by this time my funds are draining, so I build the forbiden palace in Middleburg and later build my palace in Delft, my second new world city.

With my old empire all but forgotten I colony it away. to get Napolian as my new Vassel. Now I built an empire faster than ever before but it was costly. and my new empire was too young to have, not only a stable economy, but good production. So I left, soon to resume from before I landed any settlers in that world.

I do have to ask though. was it smart to vassel my old empire away? I checked my economy, good, I check my points, greatly improved, not #1 but much better. so what do you guys think?
    Yes very good.
    54.55%
    you did ok.
    27.27%
    you did a bit poorly.
    0.00%
    you did horrible.
    0.00%
    bannana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    18.18%

The poll is expired.

Seems like a good idea to me. You pretty much have to in order to avoid the colony maintenance. Probably needed more workers on the Terra side, but would have to see the save to know
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
    X