Aircraft only in cities/forts bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft only in cities/forts bug

As we've discussed in the RTW thread, there is a bug that prevents you from moving land units into a city/fort if aircraft only are present. I don't know if the bug is RTW-only or not, I haven't tested standard BTS.

I figured it was no big deal...I just go into the world builder and delete the unit if I have legit land units ready to move into the city/fort. Today I saw something really odd, though. I am playing as Italy, and I Just conquered the last Russian city (I control the whole mediteranean, N Africe, the Middle East, and all of Russia ). I started moving into Norway, and the US starting putting bombers in the forts near whatever city that is there...even though I had units sitting right there!

I thought maybe the AI was just careless and didn't know that my units were closeby. I moved my units forward and even moved some into the forts (after deleting the bombers in the forts). Here's where it get's wierd....the next turn the units I had moved into the forts were displaced back into my territory and there was another bomber there!

The AI appears to be aware of the bug AND using it to it's advantage! Thoughts?

It's certainly not intentionally using it More than likely the AI is behaving as it is expected to, but the bug causes expected AI code to have unexpected results.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
    X