A couple of n00b questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of n00b questions

I had a splurge this morning and purchased Civ IV, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword.

What I'm wondering is - If I install all 3 of them, will I get all of the content from all 3 packages in the main game?

Also.. what patches do I need to get the whole shebang up to date?

Thanks

BTS provides all the patches you might need for other games.
    To use all the available content you should play BTS (the brown seal icon).
    There are no official patches that change anything in the BTS gameplay yet, but you might want to use Solver's patch (see the stickied thread).
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

yes, BtS makes Warlords redundant. take it back.
      Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Cool. So, I install all 3 games, launch it from the BTS shortcut, and all of the content is available? That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still reading the manuals. I haven't even gotten around to installing yet. Seems this game has come a long way since Civ II, which is the last time I played.

Comment

Originally posted by LzPrst
          yes, BtS makes Warlords redundant. take it back.
          Damn. I wish I had known that. It will be difficult to return it now that it's opened. Oh well.. it was only 10 bucks.

Comment

it's a great one, especially with the BtS expansion. all we need now is one more version of civ for it to be perfect so that I'll never go out again....
            Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

Ok.. so I've installed Civ IV, then Beyond the Sword, and then Solver's unofficial patch. I'm good to go, right?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I just want to make sure I'm starting in the best way possible before I get used to things.

Comment

Originally posted by noneedforit

Damn. I wish I had known that. It will be difficult to return it now that it's opened. Oh well.. it was only 10 bucks.
                It's not entirely redundant. The scenarios that come with Warlords aren't included in BtS, though everything else is. Mind you if you don't play scenarios, it may as well be.

Comment

Oh, I'd also install the BlueMarble texture set. It greatly improves the looks and you can actually tell plains and grassland apart with it.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                  X