Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avg, update and trojans

Hi

my avg virus scanner got updated this morning. After I tried to download the latest my pc hung. So I rebooted and immediatly avg came up with a

generic6.ums trojan

I think this could be a false positive. I'm running the virus scanner now and its labelled the patches in the bts patch directory.

has anyone else had this and do you think its a false positive?

thanks

this is just one disaster after another with BtS.

BTW, i have had no problems but OTHERS (link) have...

unbelievable!
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Its an AVG problem. Lotsa false positives out there at the moment - including bioshock demo for somepeople. Funny!

Comment

If you use AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition at least, you may be experiencing what is suspected to be a number of false positives for a "Generic6" virus. Not one but two threads on this issue have surfaced on Apolyton Civilization Site`s forums alone but they are not alone. Reports of this virus being detected by AVG on one or more files on a user`s system, for a number of file combinations, types and purposes have surfaced on a number of websites over the last twenty-four hours or so; see current results from a search on Google for instance.

At least two reports on an Australian-based broadband discussion board note that updating one`s copy of AVG now removes the error. The false positive or its resolution are not yet known to be confirmed by Grisoft, the company behind the AVG line of products.

[News item (see here)]
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Anti-virus companies are mainly out for your money. Eventually it will be found that they even produce some of the viruses out there to fuel the need for their own business.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
            this is just one disaster after another with BtS.
            And what does this issue have to do with BtS? The OP is discussing an AVG issue, not BtS.

Comment

because, as the OP mentioned, it recognizes the BtS patch as a virus.

I'm running the virus scanner now and its labelled the patches in the bts patch directory.

so what the hell are you babbling about this time, anyways, Willem??
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
              X