Those Darn Italians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Darn Italians

In RtW I am German and do all the work and can't quite get into a city on the turn I bombarded and softened up but know I can take it the next turn. And what happens - the Italians or East Balkans move right in and I lose control of that city. Anyone have any thoughts on how to overcome this? I wish I could just tell my Axis partner to get the h--- out!

Well, ideally you need to take the city the same turn you soften the units.

Early on in the war(pre heay-artillery), here's what I will do for a tough city(meaning one that I can't just roll over 1 or 2 units to get into with med tanks). I move my artillery next to the city in question and my stack, but I don't attack with ground forces yet. I do bomdard with bombers to get the units down to half health so that they don't attack the units I just placed next to them. Next turn I bombard with the artillery, mop up with tanks and move in. you have to be aware of how weak you leave the city if you aren't going to take it.

You also should have air superiority for this. My experience with RTW in general is that air superiority is a must, which is pretty accurate historically.

Once you get heavy artillery it becomes easier because you can park them 1 space from the city the turn before so that you have no fear of the units insode the city your trying for.

Comment

Yeah those darn Italians... they kicked us out of the soccer world cup in the semi-finale. One of ours should have fouled one of them, so upon seeing one wounded of their own, they certainaly would have either raised the white flag or fled in panic alltogether... :P (jk. of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Unimatrix11
        Yeah those darn Italians... they kicked us out of the soccer world cup in the semi-finale. One of ours should have fouled one of them, so upon seeing one wounded of their own, they certainaly would have either raised the white flag or fled in panic alltogether... :P (jk. of course)
        Just don't mention Italy to any Aussie football fans...
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

It was one of the best game I have ever seen.At least you Germans should be accustomed to be kicked in World Cup from us .I can understand Australians

Comment

Oh, come on: still about WWII, a war that was not without heroes by all parts in conflict, but as with every war (except Civ ones) with a toll of deaths that don't let me joke about it lightly.

On a different side, 2006 World Football Championship...
            "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
            - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
            X