Graphics Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Problems

Hey guys, I've just installed Civ 4 again (had some huge difficulties with CD read issues), but anyway now that I have it running there are no trees/jungles, or villages, or resource markers. The hills, rivers, and basic terrain type (grassland, etc) all show up fine... but for some reason it will not let me see the other things. Has anyone had a similiar issue? If so how can I fix this? Please any input will be very much appreciated!

Hey,

Perhaps they didnt install correctly, try a reinstalation of the game. Additionaly check to see if your display drivers are the correct ones for your card and that they are up to date.

Goodluck
    Stephen.

Comment

I have intermedit graphic issues on my notebook that I didn't have under Vanilla/Warlords; they are usually fixed for a few turns by minimzing BTS to go to the desktop and then switching back to BTS.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Build 3.03.1 supposedly gives graphics problems. I have disapearing units and units having some out of the unit experiences, running around prior to receiving orders and receiving skip-turn orders.

Hopefully someone will come up with a solution besides "uninstall-reinstall"

Comment

Did you turn video settings to minimum to see if that works?
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

tried changing settings within the game to no avail.

may try some other things

would like to know how this type of thing could make it through firaxis & 2k QA. unit resurrections are one thing but invisible units pretty much make the game unplayable.

These graphics issues must be out of the area of the programmers here's expertise.

Comment

Mine was already at minimum.

Anything more than that if would outright crash unless the map was tiny or duel.

Oh, and my graphic glitches occured on the CD version as well at the same frequently as 303.

I think my computer downloaded and installed the latest DirectX drivers as part of a rountine windows upgrade some time before I bought the CD though.

Originally posted by LDiCesare
              Did you turn video settings to minimum to see if that works?
              Last edited by joncnunn; August 25, 2007, 12:31.
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

hit quote instead of edit
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                X