Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some suggestions

Just ignore this post!
    I accidentally posted this message as own thread, sorry! It's supposed to be a comment on RtW. I tried to delete the tread, but it didn't work.
    I beg your pardon.

Thanks for this wonderful scenario! I love it and have ling waited for it.
    I have three suggestions:

Concerning the status auf Finland and the Baltic Nation: shouldn't they join the Axis, when going to war with the SU?

For one it is historically accurate, since German troops were stationed in Finland and fought on the northern frontier, and they were also (at the beginning) supported by the Baltic population, that saw them as liberators from the Russian invaders.

And for the other it makes sense for the game. I had a rather annoying case: I played as German and invaded the SU. The SU captured the most eastern Baltic city (I think it was Riga, the one south of Helsinki). But the Finish culture of Helsinki was so strong, that it completely surrounded the now Russian city. Since we were no allies, I could not pass through Finnish territory. So at the end I had conquered all of the SU, except for the former Baltic town, which I could not access with my ground units, since it was surrounded by Finnish territory.

The SU should receive extra troops later in the game. This to is historically accurate. It would enable the SU to make their counter offense, that finally led them until Berlin.
    One: the US heavily supported the SU with war material, keeping the Red Army going. It would have collapsed otherwise. And it would not have had the power to conquer eastern Europe, after Germany had destroyed most of the Russian industry.
    Two: The SU had strong troops stationed in the far east, expecting an Japanese attack. When the learned from a spy that the Japanese had decided against supporting Germany, they drew them of to the western frontier. It were these fresh eastern troops that halted the German troops before Moscow, when the western division were already nearly defeated.

What about entirely turning of War Weariness? It makes no sense an it is not right. Opposite to WW I, there was no nation in the WW II, in that the population started striking, or anything like that, during the war. Efforts for maximum production in order to win the war never ceased anywere.

I hope, some of my remarks make sense. ;-) Thanks again!
    Last edited by Gaun; August 21, 2007, 05:47.
Working...
X