Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonder building

Hi,

I have just got to the middle of my first BTS game playing Romans on normal speed. Its around 1910 AD and england and ethiopia are making apollo project although they have only researched up to physics and chemistry and france has just finished broadway in spite of still being in renaissance era.

Am I missing something?

Could it be that those are the techs that are displayed in the trading screen ? In that case, you may find that they are in fact far more advanced, but for trading purposes they would only show you the next techs that you could discover, not all of their techs.

So it could be that they are in fact a lot more advanced than you but that you juist don't know it. Out of interest, what are the relative power graph scores for the three civs (yours and the two listed opponents) - if there is a significant imbalance, it will probably be as I have suggested above

j0b

Comment

Thanks for the relpy.

Ididnt realize that the more advanced techs are hidden. I did look at the powergraph as u suggested and seem to outclassed big time

I guess I shud be lowering the diff lvl a notch or 2 and get more accustomed to basics

Comment

Another good way to learn is to generate a game - save it straight away at the 4000 BC stage - before you have made any unit moves etc.

Now play the game - at the end or at a point where you are going to get totally flogged - try and think about what did not work well.

Restart the game with the orginal save (the 4000 BC one) and play with this in mind - try different strategies etc.

The advantage of this is that you can try different strategies on the same map and see what differences they make.

Bear in mind however that it will in effect be "easier" as you will know where the resources are - where the AI capitals are etc etc - but is a good way of getting your "starting" or early game better.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Starknight
          Ididnt realize that the more advanced techs are hidden.
          That's right. You'll only see the techs that you or the AI have the requirements for. For instance, if you don't have Writing yet you won't be able to see if they have Code of Laws, and vice versa.

Comment

The above definately describes Vanilla & Warlords. That also describes the diplomany screen (all versions)

But BTS does add a new tech screen and if the AI is way behind you it appears to list every single tech they lack (compared to you) and not just the ones you can sell that turn.

(That's actually a very nice screen, since it the next column over it lists the techs they are allowed to research that you lack.)
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
              The above definately describes Vanilla & Warlords. That also describes the diplomany screen (all versions)

But BTS does add a new tech screen and if the AI is way behind you it appears to list every single tech they lack (compared to you) and not just the ones you can sell that turn.

(That's actually a very nice screen, since it the next column over it lists the techs they are allowed to research that you lack.)
              Oh, I haven't come across that screen yet I guess. I'll have to take a look at it.

Comment

Working...
              X