Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS: Patch 3.0.3.1 ?

just two questions.

1) What's in the BTS 3.0.3.1 patch? I've never seen anything written on this.

2) Does it update the BTS SDK files as well? If not, where can one go to get the updated source files?

Thx

I believe the patch contains a direct x update and not much else. Don't want to scare you but installing that patch seems to have fried my GeForce 6800. I spent a week pulling my hair out and getting the dreaded nv4_disp infinite loop error again and again. $200 and a new video card later and I am finally complete again...

I suppose it could just be a coincidence that my card fried the very next time I played Civ IV after installing the patch but, needless to say, I won't be reinstalling it!

Comment

Thanks for the info. It seemed odd that even Firaxis' website didn't say anything about the patch or what's in it. Just click the link and it starts downloading.

No one else has said anything about it either. Wierd.

Comment

The patch can't reasonably be blamed for frying your video card... Probably an undercooled card, a lot of the cheaper nvidia brands overclock their cards without properly cooling them...
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Or possibly it's a fake patch, designed to fry your card. There are some very nasty people out there.
          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Many people on this board have had a variety of problems with this patch and since it adds nothing to the game, I think it should be avoided...

Comment

I downloaded BtS from Valve's Steam and it auto-updates to 3.03....haven't had any problems whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Palpster
                I downloaded BtS from Valve's Steam and it auto-updates to 3.03....haven't had any problems whatsoever.
                But it doesn't provide any additional game play either? So, is it just a DirectX/graphics thing?

Comment

I was reading posts on another forum that people were getting CTDs after this patch.

No explanation why its needed for a player. On one hand, it doesn't seem to update the game at all. Jsut MS stuff. On the other hand, I had one CTD with it, then I uninstalled and reinstalled and patched to 3.02 and haven't had any problems.

My advice would be to make sure you really need this patch before downloading the big file (80MB) and installing it.
                  Fear not the path of truth for the lack of others walking it.

Comment

PS ... to the fake patch idea, I got 3.03 by pressing "Check for Updates" in the game.
                    Fear not the path of truth for the lack of others walking it.

Comment

I've seen one or two reports at CFC that it's fixed crashing problems people had previously.

However, if you aren't having problems under 3.02 and don't need to upgrade to play MP, it does indeed sound like you should hold off on 3.03, what with new bugs like the civilopedia crashes etc.

Comment

Personally I haven't noticed any difference between the install CD and 303 but I'm not involved in any MP games.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The build seems to create graphics anomolies

Comment

Originally posted by oholiab
                            The build seems to create graphics anomolies
                            Enough to convince me to hold off.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I had mutiple video crashes hosting my first MP game after I installed the patch. SP also has seemed lest stable in that regard. Hopefully they're working on a patch to fix the patch.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X