Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play with just one victory condition in custom games and if so what one is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play with just one victory condition in custom games and if so what one is it?

Hey all,

Just curious to know what your preferred victory conditions are because I personally ALWAYS have just one victory condition which is conquest (And on marathon speed) so my games can really last ages and ages. Its not so much of a problem now that I have Beyond the Sword though because I can go to alpha centuri and its more realistic to be playing in 3000AD at that point lol.

So, What do you usually play with?

Stephen
    Just Time
    0.00%
    Just Conquest
    4.88%
    Just Culture
    0.00%
    Just Domination
    7.32%
    Just Space Race
    0.00%
    Just Diplomatic
    0.00%
    I play with a mixture of conditions
    87.80%

I keep all victory conditions open.
    I think the Alpha Centauri victory is the most ballanced victory. You need to be advanced and strong and diplomatic enough to get it.

I also feel like all victory options give a more ballanced game.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I almost always keep Space Race and Conquest on. I usually leave Diplomatic and Culture as well. Domination I often turn off though, and sometimes I'll disable Culture.

Comment

I leave them all except time.

Comment

I leave all except Time on, although I've never had a game which actually runs past 2050. The others are all on. Better strategy, IMO, and doesn't hurt the AI.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I only disable domination. It feels like a cheap conquest. I feel the same about diplomacy as you need to be very undiplomatic to win that way, but I keep it on to get access the UN resolutions
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Domination is off, it seems like... "Oops, I won? Dang, was gunning for conquest..."

And culture, it's too sneaky. There ought to be more warning... Of course, that would enable me to assemble a quick assault force and raze the offending city, which seems, well, wrong...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Check the victory screen. Often! Lesson well-learned.

As for Time, I leave it on after this infamous succession game I played on Civ IV vanilla with maps/civs all randomized. I think it was something like archipelago, high water level, cold climate. We were Mongols on ice! That game dragged forever....
                "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

As jkp says, check the victory screen to prevent an enemy culture win. It even tells you which cities you have to raze.

Comment

I have all on. I used to turn space race on so it wouldn't get in the way of late game wars, but now I enjoy the extra challenge to the end game.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

All on most of the time, I'll disable Time every now and then, but I don't really know why to be honest since games never last till 2050.

Comment

I play with "a mixture of conditions". All of them

Comment

All On. Not only does it give me flexibility, but it also gives me the responsibility to avoid losing because some civ has done an end run on me.

How DULL it would be if I couldn't lose. Yah, keep the tension up, that's it.

Comment

All of them to leave more options open once ive scouted my land made a reasonable size empire.

Comment

All on all the time.
                              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                              X