Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(BTS issue) Being able to play user-made MODS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (BTS issue) Being able to play user-made MODS?

I am having problems playing user-based mods on BTS.

I had no problems on Civ 4 Vanilla or Warlods, it just seems to be BTS

I am using the D2D version of BTS, which I back-patched to 3.02 after reinstalling (I saved my 3.02 version) I doubt that is the problem, as I can play the official mods.

My mods seem to be downloaded right, but one thing I did notice, was that when loading the mods it had (uncached) in parenthesis behind some of the loaded elements.

The mod loads, I can play the game, but it is unmodded BTS.

Can anyone give me a suggestion how to fix? I know these mods work, as there are a lot of people who get them to work. Is there something in the installation that can fix this?

Uncached is normal, that means it's not loading from the cache (which is a good thing since the mod's not in the cache).

No idea why it would be unmodded BtS... i've played a few mods successfully. How are you loading them? Advanced->Load Mod? Does the mod name show in the upper right corner of the startup screen when you load them? Are they definitely BtS specific mods?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, and yes.

IT all shows, but when I pick custom games, I see nothing modded, (Checked Civipedia and played the game- it's base BTS)

It's like the mod isn't registering. "Official" mods are fine, it's just the unofficial ones that are borked.

I do use Solver's patch, but I doubt that would bork things.

Re-installed again- same exact thing happens. Only thing that seems to be uncached is XML. Using 3.02 patch- I'm refusing to patch up due to borked animations- I doubt that's the cause of problems though, and I did patch up to see if that fixed things and it didn't. Might be some weird user error- but I can't figure it out. I've done it right before. Also doubt D2D is the culprit.

I did see this in the logs though

[Aug 19, 2007 - 11:18:45] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
      Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
      Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
      Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
      Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
      Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
      Last edited by tsubame; August 19, 2007, 11:35.

Comment

In the top-right of the menu screens it should say what mod is loaded.

Does it show for you?

Comment

Yep. Everything looks right, acts right, but the mod doesn't take effect. With one exception. Mods with installers work, mods without installers do the action I state earlier (they do everything right- except that it's the base game when I start playing)

Comment

Working...
          X