Custom Game question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Game question

Starting my first custom game...I've always just played the typical random game, but I want to try the Aggressive AI I've been reading about.

On the screen where you hand pick the # of AIs, and who they are if you want, it shows a default setting of NOBLE for the difficult for each AI. I don't seem to be able to change that setting.

If I play Monarch, is playing against 7 AIs on Noble going to be too easy? I would have expected that the AIs would also be Monarch.

It doesn't mater what level the AI is set for. It only matters what level it is set for you.
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Thanks WIll.

Ok, another couple of custom game questions:

1) How much different exactly is Epic vs Normal speed, and what are the main changes (I"ve only ever played Normal speed).

2) Fantasy setting - what exactly is this? I was hoping maybe for fantasy type units or something, but all I got was a bizarre map and the same units at least for the first dozen turns before I restarted. By bizarre, I mean an all land map with tundra/snow tiles interspersed randomly with jungle tiles similarly randomly dispersed, often times right next to an ice tile.

Comment

1- Epic has everything costs 1.5 times more and is 1.5 times longer than normal. The main difference is that movement costs are the same so you more time to use a unit before it is outdated.

2- You just described a fantasy map
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

Thanks :-) So are there more turns in an Epic game? If not, you'd never hit the end of the tech trees given the length of time to research being that much longer. Safe to say if it takes 10-12 hours to play a Normal game start to finish, it'll take 15+ hours to play through an Epic game?

Comment

And marathon speed is only TWICE as long as EPIC.
            1200 vanilla/Warlords turns, 1500 BtS turns.

In marathon, everything takes THRice as long as normal EXCEPT for unit training, which takes only twice as long.

Comment

Working...
            X