Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird issues (cities close to eachother, changed leaderheads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird issues (cities close to eachother, changed leaderheads)

This is Civ IV + Warlords patched to before the BtS patches.
    edit: version 2.0.8.

Since when can cities be so close to eachother? Does it matter whether there's land or sea in between?

Why did Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan change places?

( For those wondering why the images are named civ5 instead of civ4, it's because I had saved them as civ4-*.png first, but they were too big for Imageshack, so I saved them again as JPEG, but the screenshot program thought I was counting with the 4, and incremented it. I noticed it only when I had already uploaded the files. )
    Last edited by Orky; August 18, 2007, 00:18.

There' still the 2-tile limit for cities, but the only exception for it is when cities are on different landmasses.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

But how does the Battleship know which city to bombard?

I always thought the 2-empty-squares rule was very smart, because of the side-effect that artillery is always adjacent to only one city, so it always knows which city to bombard when you click the bull's eye, but now... it just chose one...

Comment

Originally posted by Orky
        Why did Qin Shi Huang and Kublai Khan change places?
        There was actually an error in the original game and those two leaderheads were reversed. What you're seeing is the correction to what was actually planned for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Orky
          But how does the Battleship know which city to bombard?

I always thought the 2-empty-squares rule was very smart, because of the side-effect that artillery is always adjacent to only one city, so it always knows which city to bombard when you click the bull's eye, but now... it just chose one...
          Well just place the Battleship in tiles where the two cities aren't going to cause any confusion. There's plenty of tiles you can place a ship so there's only one target.

Comment

Working...
          X