Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you plan random maps or scenarios usually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you plan random maps or scenarios usually?

1) Always plan random maps
    2) Sometimes play random maps, sometimes scenarios
    3) Always play scenarios
    Always play random maps
    82.61%
    Sometimes play random maps, sometimes scenarios
    15.22%
    Always play scenarios
    2.17%

I answered always random maps but I occasionally play scenarios too. However, random maps are way more common for me, and more enjoyable.
    Now if there was a scenario like Civ2's Seeds of Greatness, I'd play it, but I haven't found anything like it for Civ IV yet.
    Clash of Civilization team member
    (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
    web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

I might occasionally try a scenario, but that´s a rare occasion,
      I normally play random maps, therefore I chose 1.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I myself love the beginning stages of the game, exploring a brand new world...seeing who I'm up against, and generally enjoy the random element. I find scenarios much too static, and I don't like "taking over" what feels like a mid-game in the scenarios.

Comment

I play pre-made maps with normal game conditions. I always play an earth map. Does this mean I play a scenario?? You may consider rewording, people are probably assuming you're asking if they play the WWII scenario over and over.
          As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
          atrocities.
          - Voltaire

Comment

I went with always scenarios for now, since I haven't played a full game of regular BTS since I got it the day after release.....it's been Road to War the whole time for me, and probably will be for awhile.

I still need to finish the Russian(Noble) campagin, the US(Noble) campaign, try UK, Italy, retry Germany on Noble post changes(PVIV nerf, etc), then probably try Germany on a much harder level. RTW is like Axis and Allies, only so much more glorious. IMHO anyway

Comment

I've considered giving that scenario a shot to be honest. For some reason I can never work up enough interest. Since you've played it a lot what do you think. Does it feel new every time or is fairly predictable. In other words how is the replayability?
              As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit
              atrocities.
              - Voltaire

Comment

I've never played a scenario, just not my type of game
                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

greenday_234:
                  I've considered giving that scenario a shot to be honest. For some reason I can never work up enough interest. Since you've played it a lot what do you think. Does it feel new every time or is fairly predictable. In other words how is the replayability?
                  I found it well set-up and enjoyable, though the turns can take a while... my machine is relatively decent, too (imho).
                  "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

Originally posted by greenday_234
                    I think the replayability is good. You can play any country, and I do want to try most of them(cept the neutral ones). After going historic you can go open play and try to see what you can do with a nuetral country.

Changing the AI also ups the challenge once your acustomed to the tactics. I am pretty good at military strategy type stuff, but it took me a couple of tries to really get the nuances of RTW. It's almost like a seperate game IMO, and Dale keeps improving it.

Comment

Working...
                    X