Where'd all this culture come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd all this culture come from?

In all my playing of Warlords, I never won a cultural victory until about 5 days before I got BtS. And that was after reading some posts here about other people's games.

Now with BtS, my first two wins were cultural victories, the second one occurring in 1937. This was on noble so I upped to prince level. I was well on my way to a cultural victory there when I won a religious victory in 1916.

Maybe the changes in BtS just happenned to fit my playing style but something seems a bit out of whack to me. And I've seen a few others post about upping the difficulty by at least one level to get the same feel.

Anyone have any thoughts about what's going on?
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Did you build the Sistine Chapel? Now that gives more culture bonuses to every building of your state religion AS WELL as it's original benefit (+5 per building, in fact). Huge!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Lots more wonders to. If you concentrate wonders in a couple of specific cities they are likely to be producing more culture.

Comment

Also, the number of turns have been increased but (so I've heard) the culture needed to reach a cultural victory is still the same, hence it's easier to achieve within the given time.

Comment

Working...
        X