Scaling Resource Icons: End the Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaling Resource Icons: End the Ugly

I enjoy the option that allows me to play with each tile's resources displayed; the icons, however, don't scale!! That is, if you zoom in all the way, you're looking at a blown up, pixelated square of bread that oftentimes obscures one's vision of the square. Allowing these icons to simply scale down- forced or via an option- would solve the problem rather easily.

Please, Firaxis

would modding this change in be very hard? I only have rather limited programming experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxhawk
      Allowing these icons to simply scale down- forced or via an option- would solve the problem rather easily.
      That would kind of be defeating the purpose of the icons don't you think? We have that option so we can clearly see the resources on the map. If they were made smaller, you may as well have them turned off since you wouldn't be able to see what they were anymore. If you don't like the clutter they cause when zoomed out, just turn them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

That would kind of be defeating the purpose of the icons don't you think? We have that option so we can clearly see the resources on the map. If they were made smaller, you may as well have them turned off since you wouldn't be able to see what they were anymore. If you don't like the clutter they cause when zoomed out, just turn them off.
        Well to be fair the poster is not worried about zooming out more than zooming in. Although blocking the square is something you should just resolve by turning them off, zooming in to an image that is of too low a resolution to still look good at that zoom is a small flaw, IMO.

Resource icons scale in size somewhat when you zoom out, so why not when you zoom in, too?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I think the OP is actually talking about the food, hammers and gold icons for each square and not the strategic resources like gold, iron, etc.

I could be wrong though.

IIRC those don't scale at all.
          "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by clarkcd
            I think the OP is actually talking about the food, hammers and gold icons for each square and not the strategic resources like gold, iron, etc.
            Ah yes. After rereading his post, I believe you're right. It didn't occur to me since I always have those turned off and only see them when a Settler is active. Which leads to another solution, or actually the same one. Turn them off.

Comment

No, they'd be the same screen size when you zoom in, but smaller relative to the (now huge) tiles. So they'd remain equally visible.

Comment

Ah yes. After rereading his post, I believe you're right. It didn't occur to me since I always have those turned off and only see them when a Settler is active. Which leads to another solution, or actually the same one. Turn them off.
                He likes them. He just likes them the size they are at normal zoom.

Comment

Sorry to have been imprecise... I'm indeed talking about the bread/gold/hammer icons.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxhawk
                    Sorry to have been imprecise... I'm indeed talking about the bread/gold/hammer icons.
                    Yeesh, make me look like an idiot whydon'tcha. I went home after my post, booted up my game and promptly found that the resource icons actually scale nicely with zooming in.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                    X