Gold bonanza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold bonanza

You know when you start a game, and you find a city site with a gold mine or even two that can boost your early tech or feed an early expansion.... I just happened upon the silliest one I have ever seen in hundreds of games, if I started next to a place like this I'd probably restart but seeing as it wasn't next to my capital I decided to roll with it.

This is a pangea game on emperor, large map and all standard settings.

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Sweet mother of mercy.

I had an odd setup for my starting city two games ago, no screenshot howerver. I started with four crabs, a cow pasture, corn and wheat all in the fat cross. Largest city I ever had in any game, hit in the upper-mid 30's.

Comment

You won't have enough food to work it anyway
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

That's just silly.

Only, where should you settle to take full advantage of such a possibility? Two tiles south of the corn? Or should you perhaps settle two cities? One with access to the gold, the cow and oasis and one with access to the corn and the rest of the gold? I am bad at city placement, and I wonder how people would play this.

Comment

I would settle directly south of the hills with the gold, at the pllains adjacent to the ocean.

Would be a nice spot with 5 golen hills in the fat X
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Without seeing more of the map I would go: 2 south 1 east of the corn (i.e. directly above the middle gold)

Another city in the desert sw of the cows

Another one out near the oasis copper + other gold, probably eastof the oasis

Comment

I'd actually build 1 city just under and 1 to the right corn , giving it access to 2 of the gold. Then I'd build a second city on the coastal plains tile at the bottom of the screen. It would have access to the other 3 plus the river for food. Then it would be manageable to harvest all that gold.

Not that it matters - I imagine this game is wrapped up about now - interesting how people approach simple expansion so much differently though!

Comment

Those are rather nice, often giving me a nice monopoly...
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                X