Holy Mountain Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Mountain Quest

In my last single player game I got a quest to settle near a "holy mountain". The quest told me that if I build enough of my state religion buildings the mountain's location would be revealed. Sure enough, after building many temples and monastaries, the mountain was shown in the blackness of another continent.

Eventually I sailed to the new land and it turned out to be in a Celtic city radius. The city was a vassal of a much bigger Greek empire. I conquered the city, but got no quest reward. Then the Greeks came and kicked me out.

Has anyone completed this quest? Does it only count if you use an actual settler to create the city next to the holy mountain? Do you have to get there first before any other civ? I would like to know if anyone else has learned anything about this quest.
    "Cunnilingus and Psychiatry have brought us to this..."

Tony Soprano

IIRC the quest also says that if someone else settles the hill before you, you lose the quest. I was lucky enough to have the hill in my own continent and got +1 happy people in all cities for the rest of the game.
    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Working...
    X