TXT_key_* means?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXT_key_* means?

Lately I found this type of text into the game in regards resources, languages,etc It are game bugs?

Yes. Each TXT_key_* should refer to some piece of text defined in (IIRC) Assets/XML/Text. If they text isn't there, I think it just says TXT_key_*.

Comment

Have you modified any of your XML files?

Comment

I do not modified anything because I dont have idea about it. However i installed the game CIV4 in english and afterwards the BTS in spanish maybe could be the origin of mesh. Now I try to uninstall to do clean installation BTS ans Warlords uninstalled perfect but no CIV4 causing a error that I reported to Firaxis without response from them.
        I appreciated any help tp finish my uninstall of CIV4 and start a new install of game and expansions. Thanks

Comment

the warn said "An error (-5004: 0X80041f42) has ocurred while running setup"
          I am using vista home premium and a 4.2 performance PC.
          Anyway now the game dont play CIV4 really I do a big disarrange with this game.

Comment

I would manually delete the whole Civ IV folder and then try the reinstall.

Comment

You should probably have the same language version of both games, not sure if it's required but it's a very good idea

You should go ahead and install Civ4 over again. If you can't uninstall it, the tactic to use is to find your installshield folder, by default in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information , and deleting the Civ4 folder for it - CFBCE791-2D53-4FCE-B3FB-D6E01F4112E8 is the name - that will cause installshield to think it's not installed, and let you reinstall it.

That should only be done after you have tried properly uninstalling it, and deleted:
              *the Civ4 folder from \program files\Firaxis Games\
              *the Civ4 folder from \my documents\my games\

I don't think you should need to remove the registry entries, as those should be overwritten, but you might have to as well; that would be more dangerous. If you decide to, the reg entries will be named similarly to the above (the long installshield string, and Civ4 in Firaxis Games). If that's not enough for you to find it inside the registry... stay out of the registry
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelNa
                I do not modified anything because I dont have idea about it. However i installed the game CIV4 in english and afterwards the BTS in spanish maybe could be the origin of mesh.

That would be the problem, yes.

I appreciated any help tp finish my uninstall of CIV4 and start a new install of game and expansions. Thanks

Without knowing details of how the uninstall failed I can't help you.

Comment

Or you could do what snoopy said.

Comment

I applied as Snoopy said and worked 100%. The recomendation of deleting civ4 folder with key codes appears to be the miportant thing. My games are working newly all versions in english language.
                    Thanks to all you and specially to Snoopy genius.

Comment

You're welcome I don't remember where I saw that suggestion, but it's not my original idea It's an effective way to fix most install issues (either deleting that folder, or deleting the installshield files if you have a bad installshield installation). Gets you a clean sweep
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X