No announcement yet.

How do you feel about BtS? (+questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about BtS? (+questions)

Well, how do you feel about BtS?

Also, I haven't been following the developments in a long while, so if someone could clear up a few things for me and/or point to some review that would address them (I've only read Solver's review, and it assumes a good deal of knowledge already), that would be great.
    1. Does BtS (or Warlords for that matter) "overwrite" the whole game, or can I still play "plain vanilla" Civ after I install an expansion?
    2. Does BtS complement Warlords? Or override it? For instance, Solver in his review talks about a Great Wall+Great Spy strat: say I don't have Warlords, do I still have great wall?
    3. I guess it boils down to: should I get both expansions, or just BtS? And why?
    4. Are there any other expansions in the works that we know about? And what is this I read about Civ5?
    :D
    45.83%
    :)
    31.94%
    :stunned:
    5.56%
    :(
    2.78%
    :mad:
    2.78%
    :ana:
    11.11%

The poll is expired.

XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

1. Can still play vanilla
    2. complement
    3. Just BTS. Warlords only gives you the included scenarios all the rest is in BTS too.
    4. Doubt it. Don't take notice of any talk of Civ5

Oh, and BTS good, very good.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

1) You can play Vanilla with the Vanilla cd.
      2/3) If you get BtS but not Warlords then you won't be able to play the Warlords scenarios. All other Warlords content - leaders, civs, wonders, great generals, vassal states - is included in BtS.
      4) Civ5? What you read about it is probably idle speculation.
      LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

vovan, I approve of your using solely smilies as options in the poll.
        I also approve of BtS!
        More "real", and most aspects I don't care for I can modify to my own satisfaction through xml files (if I'm careful).

Comment

Though the question has been answered twice, I feel the need to respond.

1. Can still play
          2. Complements
          3. Just BTS
          4. WTF?

Comment

I do indeed wonder what you read about Civ5
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thanks for the answers, folks!

I do indeed wonder what the cigarette smoking man knows.

As for Civ5... I went back looking for what gave me this impression, and it must have been this old rumor report from GameSpot. It said 2K annunced they were working on new Civ game for 2008, and GS speculated it was going to be "the inevitable Civ5". I am guessing in reality, they were referring to Civ: Revolutions...
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Well, Sid said in one interview that they'd make a Civ5 eventually, but it's not a surprise - it'd be a big surprise if they decided not to continue the franchise.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Talking about Sid: Tell him to do anything, everything, he likes to do, but no more voice-overs please, okay ?

Comment

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Though it does sound kind of out-of-place alongside Nimoy.

Comment

After the nth time you've heard them, the voiceovers for the techs aren't, with a few exceptions, worth getting excited about.

That said, right now Sid's voice is disconcordant with the rest of the Nimoy voiceovers just because they are different. I suspect after a few more times, it will be background noise, too.

And when I play hotseat MP with my friends, we have the volume off anyway so we can watch the DVD of choice better.

Comment

BtS includes all of the improvements introduced in Warlords, so unless you're really itching to play certain Warlords scenarios or if you really want to play Warlords without the BtS content, don't bother getting Warlords if you're going to get BtS.
                          "It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." --Takeshi Kaga

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
                            [*] Are there any other expansions in the works that we know about? And what is this I read about Civ5?[/list]
                            There's been mention of Civ 5 ever since Civ 4 first came out. I wouldn't pay very much attention to it. It will be at least 2-3 years before that comes about, unless they release another expansion. I don't know for certain, but I suspect there might be one. There's still a strong demand for Civ 4 right now, and Warlords was a bit light as far as content was concerned. So we might just see another light expansion. I'm hoping we do anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X