Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't trade for Uranium - pls help!

Hi everyone - new poster here.

I am playing my third game of BTS and don't have access to any Uranium.

A couple of other Civ's do (espionage is giving me city visibilty and I can clearly see uranium mines and in one case a city built on top of Uranium!).

I have ensured the other civs know Physics and Fission, but can't get the Uranium to appear on the trade screen, or even the foreign advisor's resources screen - it's as if it doesn't exist!

Can anyone please help I want to build some attack subs and have no way of doing so.

Thanks for helping a noob.

Maybe the other techs don´t have fisson and or pyhsics yet.

As long as they don´t know that a resource exists and how to mine it they wouldn´t be able to trade with it

Oh and welcome aboard
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Thanks for the reply Proteus

In my impatience to get Uranium I actually traded Fission to them (for a couple hundred gold too! d'oh) - no sign of Uranium on any of the trade or advisor screens.

Comment

Does one civ have at least 2 sources of uranium? I am fairly sure it won't show up if they only have one source each.

Comment

It shows up now but redded out.

Comment

yes... I can clearly see one mine (with road) and in one case a city built on top of Uranium. The civ in question knows physics and fission. Nothing comes up in the trade screen apart from corn and cows (boooooring).

Comment

In order for an AI resource to show up on the trade screen, the AI has to have a spare available for trade. That at least almost always requires that the AI have two instances, although there might be exceptions if an AI is still importing a resource after hooking up a domestic supply. Also, even if an AI has more than one instance of a resource, it won't show up if the AI is already trading away all but the one it needs for itself.

Comment

Ahhhhh... ok... so you're saying the second source of Uranium I can see might be being passed on to a 3rd party civ?

*Fist clenched* ... well I was hoping it wouldn't come to violence but I really do need that Uranium...best to get it now before he has a chance to use it to make you-know-whats.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdPhoenix
                  It shows up now but redded out.
                  Meaning that they don´t want to trade it with you.
                  Can´t blame the AI. It is an important strategic resource so they probably will trade it only with Civs they really like.
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I thought that it had changed now so that it shows all resources they have in the diplo screen. If they only have one then it'll be redded out automatically as they don't want to trade away their last of that resource.

Maybe I'm thinking of the updated resources screen in the main diplo screen.

Comment

I have a connected mine with uranium, but my cities don't show it as a resource, nor can I build units that require it. When I hover the mouse over the tile, it shows the uranium in green and no red prerequsites. The help says you need Physics, which I have, but I don't see any other requirements. I noticed a different civ has uranium under a farm. When I hover the mouse over that it says it needs a mine and Fission instead of Physics. Do you need both Physics and Fission in order to use uranium? I don't remember that being the case in vanilla, is that new in BtS?

Comment

Do you have Fission?
                        Its the other requirement you need before you can use Uanium

Comment

Originally posted by atlanticskies
                          *Fist clenched* ... well I was hoping it wouldn't come to violence but I really do need [X]...
                          I think you just summed up every single game of Civ, ever.

Wodan

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                            Do you have Fission?
                            Its the other requirement you need before you can use Uanium

I see it now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X