Civ IV Gold Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV Gold Problems

I bought Civ IV Gold Edition at a local store about a week ago and I am definitely Hooked!
    It came with Warlords and I've since downloaded BTS + a bunch of maps, scenarios and mods.

Problems:

*** The little printed Game Manual that came with it said there was a complete Manual on disc 3.

Nope! Just one file, Data4.cab, that I can't open any further.

*** Someone on another forum said that I don't need the 1.61 patch. I did download it before I got that response and it said it didn't "see" an installation of CivIV on my machine...

Is that weird?

~ Alex
    Treasure the Earth ~ Aim for the Stars

Maybe the manual was installed into your game folder on the harddisk.

Often such things get installed into subfolders called "docs", "manual" or the like.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Nope, but thanks for the idea...

Comment

They often get this stuff wrong (ie, which disk things are on). I suppose it's also possible it's not there at all. There's plenty of information out there anyway that the manual probably isn't that useful

No idea why it can't find your installation for the patch, maybe it's just that you already have the full 1.61 version? You actually should patch to 1.74, try finding that patch and see what happens.

Did you buy BtS from Direct2Drive, or Steam? If you installed that you might have an issue with the patch for 1.74 being incorrect (as the patch for D2D is different than for the retail CD).
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Gold Probs

I can't find the manual anywhere but you're right--between the Civopedia and the forums, I've got all the help I need.

I got the Direct2Drive BTS.

I'll try the 1.74...
          But, with all I've got now, I'd be plenty happy never having another patch.

~ Alex

Comment

Working...
          X