Event_probability_roll_sides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event_probability_roll_sides

Should I make this bigger or smaller if I want more events? (It's currently 100.)

IIRC, smaller, but I'm not sure
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Okay, let's see what happens if I make it 10.

Comment

Apparently an event every turn.

Comment

One for yourself every turn or one for anyone a turn?
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

Everyone.

Comment

May I ask where this file is?
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml

Comment

I think you have to adjust another number also. IIRC there's "sides" and "the number you have to hit". Maybe the latter is hardcoded in, i don't remember. Anyhow, it's "chance of someone getting an event this turn" (which is how I interpret your post #6), i'm fairly sure about that. Or at least it's supposed to.

I'm guessing 10 is less than the number you have to hit below.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Having started a new game, apparently event frequency increases with game time, since I'm not getting events every turn right now. (So I just set it to 1 )

Comment

And thus I encounter a problem with events - there are virtually no good events you can get in the very early game, period.

The game should try to get 50/50 split of events good and bad, and if it has no good events at all it can give, give none.

Comment

That's a little irritating but I think I'll drop the value to 80 or so in my game.

Comment

The game simply randomly gives events. The fact that it can't give very many good events early on is to be expected as you don't qualify for many of them. You aren't intended to have that many anyway...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            And thus I encounter a problem with events - there are virtually no good events you can get in the very early game, period.

The game should try to get 50/50 split of events good and bad, and if it has no good events at all it can give, give none.
                            Though this may be annoying gameplay wise, I think this is realistic history wise. The further you go back in history, the harder civilizations had it. Bad things happened to us until we learned how to adapt and developed new technologies to overcome nature.
                            EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Er the problem is that it's absolutely crippling to development. Every turn losing an improvement, or getting hit by a hurricane, or going into revolt... makes it hard to actually progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X