Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why does BtS under Vista require elevated priviliges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why does BtS under Vista require elevated priviliges?

And how did it get GFW certified when it does so?

Aren't these the only standards for GFW?

Games which wish to be included in the Games for Windows platform must meet certain requirements regulated by Microsoft. These include,[3] but are not limited to:

* An "Easy Install" option that installs the title on your PC in the fewest possible steps and mouse clicks
    * Compatibility with the Windows Vista Games Explorer (see below)
    * Compatibility with the Xbox 360 controller (where applicable)
    * Installs and runs properly on x64 versions of Windows Vista and is compatible with 64-bit processors (though the game itself can be 32-bit)
    * Supports normal and widescreen resolutions, such as 4:3 aspect ratio (800 x 600, 1024 x 768), 16:9 aspect ratio (1280 x 720), and 16:10 aspect ratio (1152 x 720, 1280 x 800)
    * Launching from Media Center (Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate have Media Center)

Comment

I don't think it requires install as admin, though it probably runs better under it. I think if it's in the "games area" or whatever, it runs fine, no?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No, BtS pops up a UAC diolog whenever I run it, and the icon in the Games Explorer has the security shield over it (indicating it requires admin privileges).

Comment

Interesting. I had thought that others indicated it didn't require them... oh well. Not sure why it would require them, though... doesn't really access anything beyond my games folder and its own folder, that I know of anyway... ?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
          X