Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

korean ghosts popping up next to razed city...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• korean ghosts popping up next to razed city...?

I was on my way to wiping out the Kreoans from the continent I was on. There were 2 cities left with just 2 infantry each. So I razed the one city and left the other alone.

But after I razed it there was a message that the citizens were fleeing and forming partisan movements in the countryside or something like that. And just next to my units and the razed city 5 healthy infantry appeared.

So the question is: Does the AI get free units when I raze a city or theirs?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

Re: korean ghosts popping up next to razed city...?

Originally posted by guermantes
    I was on my way to wiping out the Kreoans from the continent I was on. There were 2 cities left with just 2 infantry each. So I razed the one city and left the other alone.

But after I razed it there was a message that the citizens were fleeing and forming partisan movements in the countryside or something like that. And just next to my units and the razed city 5 healthy infantry appeared.

So the question is: Does the AI get free units when I raze a city or theirs?
    Yep. Not necessarily 100% of the time you raze a city but something new in BtS. The summoned units are based on the razed citiy's size and available units to that Civ.

Comment

its one of the more annoying features, especially because the ai city placement has not been much improved either.

However if you're close to wiping them out a nice thing to do is just to finish them off

i.e. any partisan units cease to exist when the civ does

Comment

A good feature, imho.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I've had this message appear several times when I razed cities but sometimes there are no actual units (only the message). My guess is that this happens when the event is triggered but when the program calculates how much units showld appear it calculates 0 units (because city was too small/insignificant).
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

dunno about that iirc I had 3 axemen spawn from a size one city last night, which was not fun.

I also had one where it said something about how they would 'join a local garrison' or something.

Comment

Hmm. I might have not read the messages carefully but I am sure that the first time I got 3 or 4 warriors and the next time there was a message but no units appeared.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Sometimes it says that the resistance fighters fled to the capital to form partisans, so I think in that case the units appear in the enemy civ's capital.
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I had 5 swordsmen popup when I went deep to burn a big cultural city I could not use in the enemy's territory. They could have retaken the town, if I hadn't burned it. That action effectively freed the border cities I had taken of the opponent's culture spam.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                  X