I dont want to be with you anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont want to be with you anymore!

Was conquering the world as the Romans (Augustus is one mean emperor) and while a little distracted I settled a city on an island, missing the resource I wanted. yeah. i know. pay more attention next time. but dont get fired up yet, this is not another "i want a raze my own city function"-thread. (though I do, but never mind)

so as i had settled an island quite godforsaken I figured I'd just get rid of it and make myself a little puppet. but I cant seem to find the "release colony-nation"-button-thingy!

silly silly me. any quick replies?
    Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

I think you have to check F1 for that thing, andf the button should be somewhere one there (bottom left I think, not 100% sure though).
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Ha! I've read this one before, so I know the answer. F1 screen, to the left of the EXIT sign (lower right).

Comment

You need 2 cities to make a colony.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

ah. thanks.

Comment

The "button" is on the lower right of the F1 cities screen. The button is there in my game, even tho I have no cities that qualify. Be careful if you already have a vassal, the logic apparently leans to adding released cities to that vassal's list.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Those colonies get cheeky though. Just testing it i created a couple of cities on a small island, gave them their freedom. Within 10 turns I got the prompt that they thought it would be nice if I conceded a city to them. One of my wonder whore cities. hahahahhaha.
              I don't think so.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Vassals are much more cheeky in BtS. I kind of like that.
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Yeah, I made the French my vassal and within 10 turns they were asking for their cities back.

Yeah, like that's going to happen. If I didn't want them I wouldn't have taken them in the first place.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

btw. how do you vassalize someone through warfare? i was pounding the dutch into extinction but he refused vassalization. when he had one neardead archer left and my macemen were just waiting for the word he still said no. so I burned it to the ground and exterminated them. silly sods. though you have to respect the "death rather than slavery stance". monumental stupidity...

Comment

I've found that they're capitulating more easily now. That could be because I'm playing on a lower difficulty level.

Comment

same thing happening again now. I conquered the dutch homeland, they have some pathetic colonies left, yet they refuse to surrender. I'll have to sail up and burn a few more colonies. (is that the problem? the burning? )

Comment

Burning does increase the negative disposition. Would you surrender to someone who kills all prisoners. Not while you were concious.

Comment

how can i force vassalization then? cause the AI detests me the second I go to war with him.

"we dont like you enough"

It's not about liking! it's about me putting your entire nation to the sword if you dont surrender to me, NOW! no? oh well, I can graze my horses there then...

another genocide for the history books i guess...

Comment

Working...
                            X