BtS: "failed initiating python"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS: "failed initiating python"

Ok, after much toil, I got BtS installed. When I try to load it, it gets partway through, and then gives me a fatal error: failed initializing python, and that's that.

Any ideas?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

uninstall CIV and reinstall? not just BtS but the entire game...
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Your python libraries might not be up to date... definitely a reinstall helps. Also, do you have boxed versions of all three, or digital of any of them?
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I de-installed and re-installed CIV and BtS (not warlords). Yes, I have boxed versions, and used them for the install.

Same error.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

This is really irritating. Really, really irritating.

-Arrian

Comment

How about that... Solver's unofficial patch fixed it.\

-Arrian

Comment

It's cases like this that make me wish they'd sack the entire testing and programming staff of Firaxis in favor of hiring Apolyton people -_-

A software company should be a ashamed if their users release patches faster than they do -_-

Comment

The thing is that they kinda did that. The beta testing crew was, at least in part, drawn from the online community... myself included, though I hardly had any time for it. I wish I'd kept up with it, actually, because I'm having some issues now that I might have been able to figure out long ago.

-Arrian

Comment

Originally posted by Zinegata
                  It's cases like this that make me wish they'd sack the entire testing and programming staff of Firaxis in favor of hiring Apolyton people -_-

A software company should be a ashamed if their users release patches faster than they do -_-
                  Fans designed the BTS AI, several BTS scenarios and features (such as air combat) and of course did all the testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    The thing is that they kinda did that. The beta testing crew was, at least in part, drawn from the online community... myself included, though I hardly had any time for it. I wish I'd kept up with it, actually, because I'm having some issues now that I might have been able to figure out long ago.

-Arrian
                    I'm not referring to the beta test. I'm referring to the professional software testing department. The one that actually gets paid for doing their job instead of just getting the chance to play BTS earlier than everybody else

Also, the programmers still need to be sacked for not being able to release patches in a timely fashion. A fan, without getting paid, beat them to fixing this bug. Those programmers should frankly be ashamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

Fans designed the BTS AI, several BTS scenarios and features (such as air combat) and of course did all the testing.
                      Uh, wait, the fans did all of the testing? Have they gone crazy? o_O

... Also, ironically, it's the AI and scenarios that excited me the most about this expansion.

Which speaks volumes about the amount of confidence I have for Firaxis' professional programming and testing staff.

Comment

Working...
                      X