Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[BtS, screenie] Do I have to pig on all these resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BtS, screenie] Do I have to pig on all these resources?

Just started a new game on a rainforest map and got this:

UPD:
    Restarted and got pig and 7 dye.
    Attached Files
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Wow! Nice starting local!

But to answer your question: Hell yes! Pig away.

Comment

Good Lord! I wish I could get a starting location that was half as good as that one. It seems ever since I started playing BtS I end up with mostly crap. Though you might have a bit of a problem actually building anything, there's not much in the way of Hammers there. It will make a great GP farm though.

Comment

YAHTZEE!
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You know, I realized it's a Rainforest map type feature.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
            Good Lord! I wish I could get a starting location that was half as good as that one. It seems ever since I started playing BtS I end up with mostly crap. Though you might have a bit of a problem actually building anything, there's not much in the way of Hammers there. It will make a great GP farm though.
            Quarrying the stone and putting some workshops up should fix that, at least enough to get what a GP farm needs.
            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi

Quarrying the stone and putting some workshops up should fix that, at least enough to get what a GP farm needs.
              Also some watermills
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

I never got anything like this!

Best regards,

Comment

Did BTS change the map generation for starting cities or something? I got what was probably my best starting position ever in my first BtS game (well, considering I was the Dutch, at least...)
                  Attached Files
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
                    Did BTS change the map generation for starting cities or something? I got what was probably my best starting position ever in my first BtS game (well, considering I was the Dutch, at least...)
                    i agree something seems amiss. i started a game with the dutch as well and had 4 gems in my starting fat cross and four others one square away from it. obviously won that one.

Comment

I've got two gold in the fat cross of my capital in my current game. Plus my next planned settling site (city 5) has a 3 gems.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

Double post. See me quoting myself one post down.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                          Not all Bts starts are that fantastic. However, I am discovering that what appeared as a poor/mediocre early start got much better, containing coal, oil and aluminum in the capitol fat cross after starting with almost all forest plus one stone and one wheat.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                          X