3 (probably) easy questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 (probably) easy questions

Again - risking whatever reputation I may have as someone who somewhat understands this game - I venture to ask a few questions:

1) What makes temples get 2 hammers? I've been trying to figure out why all my temples have 2h but can't.

2) Troops heal the fastest inside my own cities but does this apply also to just conquered cities still in revolt?

3) Does an injured cat/treb cause as much collateral damage as a non-injured one?

4) Has anyone been able to get the in-game alarm working? I can set it intervals and turn it on before the game starts but then nothing ever happens in the game and when I re-start the game the settings have not 'stuck' as the other options do. It has been this way for me since vanilla.

Cheerio!
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

1) The Apostolic Palace gives religious building of the same religion + 2 hammer if you have it as your state religion (I believe)

2) I think it does...

3) I never use the in-game alarm, so I have no clue.

Comment

1) The Apostolic Palace gives religious building of the same religion + 2 hammer if you have it as your state religion (I believe)
      That's what I thought but could not find it documented.

2) I think it does...
      Is this in response to 2) or 3) ?

Comment

Re: 3 (probably) easy questions

Originally posted by guermantes
        1) What makes temples get 2 hammers? I've been trying to figure out why all my temples have 2h but can't.
        This won't happen all of the time. If someone who shares your State Religion builds the Apostolic Palace, then all religious buildings of that type will receive +2h but only so long as you remain a full-member.

2) Troops heal the fastest inside my own cities but does this apply also to just conquered cities still in revolt?
        The base rate for troops in cities is 15hp/turn. This amount increases to 20hp/turn if the city is not in revolt. See this article by Piece of Mind for more details.

3) Does an injured cat/treb cause as much collateral damage as a non-injured one?
        My experience leads me to believe the answer is yes, the same, but don't I recall anyone investigating this.

4) Has anyone been able to get the in-game alarm working? I can set it intervals and turn it on before the game starts but then nothing ever happens in the game and when I re-start the game the settings have not 'stuck' as the other options do. It has been this way for me since vanilla.
        Yes, I use this in most of my games because I don't like having the clock on (it interferes with the immersion). Once you click the Alarm On option it will indicate the time the alarm will go off, but once it does, it turns off again. If you reload the game, you will have to reload the alarm. It is not a sophisticated piece of coding, but it gets the job done. Make sure you get the pop up message saying "the alarm will go off at XX:XX" and you can be sure that it is set correctly.
        I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
        "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

Oh you updated with a fourth question.
          My answer two was for your question two.
          Question three: I am not sure, but I guess it will do less collateral damage
          Question four is my answer three.

Comment

Re: Re: 3 (probably) easy questions

Originally posted by ayronis

This won't happen all of the time. If someone who shares your State Religion builds the Apostolic Palace, then all religious buildings of that type will receive +2h but only so long as you remain a full-member.
            But I am the one who built the AP in my current game where I get 2h for all temples... and it's only the temples and not other buildings of the AP religion that get the hammers...

Is it simply from having the AP religion as state religion?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: 3 (probably) easy questions

But I am the one who built the AP in my current game where I get 2h for all temples... and it's only the temples and not other buildings of the AP religion that get the hammers...

Is it simply from having the AP religion as state religion?
              Anyone who has the AP religion as their state religion, and has not defied a resolution, should get +2h for each temple, monastery, and cathedral they build of that religion type. If this is not happening then there may be a bug. I haven't experienced the bug, but some others claim to have.
              I keep a record of all my civ games here.

aÅ¡tassi kammu naklu Å¡a Å¡umeri ṣullulu akkadû ana Å¡utēÅ¡uri aÅ¡ṭu
              "I am able to read texts so sophisticated that the Sumerian is obscure and the Akkadian hard to explain" (King Assurbanipal of Assyria 7th century BC)

Comment

1) appears answered above.

On 2), units in cities in revolt heal more slowly, but faster than neutral or hostile territory.

On 3), observation in Warlords seemed to indicate yes. Damage rules for BtS appear to be different, including more than just the damage limit.

For 4), it will works for me (one time only) on a 24 hour clock for a time today. IOW, if you set the alarm in the evening for a time like 0100 or later, i.e., in the morning but after midnight, it won't work and you won't get the message noted above. It is not a snooze alarm, if you ignore it, it's gone.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                X