Python Initialization Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Python Initialization Failure

Alright, I know this has been discussed before but I had trouble keeping up with all the bug threads when I didn't have my copy of BTS yet.

Basically, I just installed BTS and whenever I try to run it, I get the Fail Init Python message. If anyone can tell me what the steps were to fix this, I'd be most appreciative.

I have the same problem... please help???

Ive tried uninstalling all civ instances, and reinstalling vanilla and bts in safe mode logged in as administrator. it took an hour, and still nothing.

i'm fiending!!

thanks for any help...
    Last edited by mathwiz; August 13, 2007, 19:49.

Comment

bump - as a friend of mine has the same problem and i´d like to help him...

Comment

So - okay, since nobody seems to help us, we might as well try to figure it out on our own, since we have three different computers, they must have something in common, that makes then produce this error.

For starters: My buddy doesnt have internet, so his machine is not exactly up-to-date software wise. He might be in need for a Graphics adapter driver update for example... how about yours ? Maybe Windows service packs are required ? Please check on those and let me know which you have installed (MyComputer -> properties). If both of You run it on Windows XP without any service packs for example, i think we found the culprit... (it cant be DirectX cause that comes with BTS, right ?)

Comment

success!!!

i had been installing civ4 and bts in the default directories on my local c: drive. on a whim, i tried installing on an external and it worked. i cant explain it, but i'm in business now.

Comment

You probably weren't getting full uninstalls, and something wasn't being installed properly likely due to a bad file or something hanging around from before.

Uninstall, completely delete all folders associated with it, and then start over again; that usually fixes it.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I'm getting the same error and no matter how I try to install the game, the error persists. I can run Civ IV just fine, but not BtS!

Comment

Working...
              X