BtS constantly crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BtS constantly crashing

Is there someone who have this problem? My friend both love Civ and we both have the exact same system, exept for the fact that he bought a video card and I still have the onboard one.

Well, the game crashes now and then in the game, backing me up to the desktop, in a 320 x 200 or so resolution, with about 16 colors. I need to reboot eveytime. I'm near 1800, with nearly 30 towns, no one got extinguished and we are 12 in the game (all AI).

Also, the game used to crash when loading a wonder video, I desactivated them, but it was crashing.

Here's my system specs;

AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
    1 Go RAM
    256 Mo shared memory video
    Windows XP Media Center Edition SP2

Thanks
    ----------------
    CravenA

What's the onboard graphics card? Have seen some others here as well with graphical problems and old/ low-end cards. I'm 99% sure the solution for you as well will be to buy one

Comment

For my part, I have an GeForce 6150LE onboard video card. As for my friend, he just bought and installed a GeForce 7600GT with 256 Mo of memory.

he just played Civ 4 for few minutes with his new card, I'm not quite sure it still crashes, will ask him today.
      ----------------
      CravenA

Comment

Just to be sure: try borrowing his card and see if it helps. Also, just in case, try new drivers from Nvidia

Comment

I just asked him, he didn't try Civ since he installed his new card. He's playing a new graphically intensive game, don't remember the game name.

I'd love to try out his card, but he's 300 miles away from me

As for the drivers, I have this version installed : 6.14.11.6218 released on 2007-06-29.

I will ask him to try to continue his current Civ4 BtS game, just to check if it crashes.
          ----------------
          CravenA

Comment

Working...
          X