No announcement yet.

How can I make resources stay in place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make resources stay in place?

I recently bought Beyond the Sword, and I have spent a couple of days building a huge, realistic world map that I want to play. There are a couple of things that I'd like to change about the gameplay before I start playing, but I see no way of doing so in world builder. First, I want to stick resources in place for the entire game, so that they won't disappear or pop up elsewhere on the map. I want oil to stay in the Middle East, and not pop up in central Europe. Second, I'd like to prevent forest and jungle cutting and replanting. My question: is there any way to do these things? In Civ 3 there was this great map/game editor where you could basically change anything about the game, but the world builder in Civ 4 seems far less advanced. Is there any text/code that I could change in order to accomplish what I want?

Try the creation part of this forum

It was a lot easier to build maps in Civ3, yes, but the modding capability in Civ4 is in total far more advanced. It's beyond my amount of available time so I too miss the easy and quick to use Civ3 version

Comment

Working...
    X