"Civilization Daydreams" Exclusive Animated Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Civilization Daydreams" Exclusive Animated Short

As part of the "Civilization Daydreams" (CD) promotion, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) is pleased to offer one of its original content pieces exclusively: the "Alexander" animated short by RingTales' (RT) Mike Fry and Jim Fox. The 45-second production is available in both low-resolution Windows Media (4.0MB) and high-resolution QuickTime (487.8MB) formats. In it Alexander of Greece is concerned with the state of his empire, and it seems to be an understatement.

- Lo-Res WMV (4.2MB) | Hi-Res MOV (487.8MB) -

For viewing Windows Media Player 10+ and QuickTime Player 7.x are recommended respectively. For downloading, dial-up and/or those choosing the high-resolution version may want to consider using a download resume program such as GetRight to assist. In addition to engaging in discussion on the media, registered ACS forum users can also rank the video on a scale of 1 to 10.

RT is perhaps best known as the company behind an ongoing set of animated New Yorker cartoons.
    1 (atrocious)
    5.56%
    2 (dismal)
    11.11%
    3 (poor)
    18.52%
    4 (medicore)
    12.96%
    5 (average)
    18.52%
    6 (good)
    11.11%
    7 (very good)
    12.96%
    8 (excellent)
    5.56%
    9 (superior)
    3.70%
    10 (perfect)
    0.00%
    Last edited by DanQ; July 31, 2007, 21:35.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Thanks!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog

Thanks!

Welcome.
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

487.8 MB?

WTF?

What I watched was about half a minute long and sucked, particularly the voice acting. Did I get the brief and unfunny version?

Comment

Yeah - this god isn´t too amused with it either... I fear by this, Civ-players might soon be known as the ultimate nerds - and outing myself as such is not too diserable in my eyes... and they say germans have a funny taste of humor - soon it might be civers... and i used to point out that i play civ, for it as an educational value (IMHO)... i hope these daydreams stay within the "community" and wont leak to anyone, who doesnt know what civ is about - he/she might get the wrong impression that it is for total nerds only...

Comment

lol, poor Alex, all his plans to naught...

Agreed, it's not some amazing piece of literature, but it is fairly funny.

Comment

The large filesize for the MOV is due to its compression I believe, but it is indeed of high quality. The lower resolution WMV is not bad quality though.

Comment

i was not amused.
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

i was. i love seals.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                  X