Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can I change corporation names?

Hi,
    I just find the name Sid's Sushi a tad too dorky for a large corporation so I would like to change it to something else. Can I do that by editing some file in notepad or do I need programming skills?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

I am no programmer, but I think this can very easily be done. There already seem to be buttons for real life corporations like Dole and McDonalds in the game art directory which you could use.

EDIT you can find these buttons in assets/art/interface/buttons/corporations

Included are Coca Cola, Dole, McCormick, McDonalds, Tommy Hilfinger, General Electric and Volkswagen. Note sure who would replace what.

EDIT II: Now I am looking, apparently there is also a Theodore Roosevelt leaderhead directory. I wonder how far along that is.
    Last edited by sneaky; July 31, 2007, 10:53.

Comment

Just remember if you add McDonald's you should also add +2 unhealth

Comment

Originally posted by MoonWolf
        Just remember if you add McDonald's you should also add +2 unhealth
        Yeah, but it synergizes with Volkswagen, so that you end up getting +2 health for burning the fryer grease as fuel for the diesel engines....
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

I like the idea of corporations that cover all or most of the resources. Perhaps not real ones so much, but could be interesting. For example:

Fast Food - livestock, spices, wheat

Clothing - dyes, livestock (leather), silk

Soft drinks - aluminum, sugar, corn (high fructose syrup)

Problem is cramming all of them in and imbalancing the amount of corporations a type of Great Person can make (would overload Great Merchants, I think).

Comment

You could use Merchant for Fast Food, Artist for Clothing (fashion designer), and Scientist for Soft drinks (to discover that secret formula).
            EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

Working...
            X