BtS unofficial patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solver
    Okay, added that fix to the first post separately.
    Wow, nice job, that was quick! Didn't realise that was just an xml fix!

That can go into CustomAssets, can't it?

Comment

Yeah. Though I suppose you should need to create a XML\Units folder for it then.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

The added bonus of this fix is it will stop the AI just spamming its early GGs on Military Academies everywhere. Now it might will be restricted to using them to get a Warlord or settling them for a +2 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by =DrJambo=
          The added bonus of this fix is it will stop the AI just spamming its early GGs on Military Academies everywhere. Now it might will be restricted to using them to get a Warlord or settling them for a +2 experience.
          What a sneaky AI! So it was blatantly exploiting a system loophole...how much longer before it becomes sentient?

Comment

Originally posted by JimMac
            Hey Solver, just wanted to say a quick thanks for working out these unofficial updates so quickly. The work you, Jon and Dale are continuing to do ahead of an official patch is much appreciated.

I guess most people post here to report problems, but I believe there are a lot of people like me who are thoroughly enjoying BtS so far, content to know that those quirks that remain will get ironed out with a forthcoming patch.

And, as for your additional events...
            ditto, ditto, and ditto.

Thanks!
            If you aren't confused,
            You don't understand.

Comment

Updated

This is an important one hopefully. Fixed two gameplay issues that people have been complaining about.

* Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
              * Poison Water and Ferment Unhappiness missions changed for non-Normal speeds. Only the duration scales now, not the effect. So on Marathon, it will be -8 happy for 24 turns, not -24 happy for 24 turns.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Those were some of the biggest problems with BTS. Thank you!
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

Updated

This is an important one hopefully. Fixed two gameplay issues that people have been complaining about.

* Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.
                  * Poison Water and Ferment Unhappiness missions changed for non-Normal speeds. Only the duration scales now, not the effect. So on Marathon, it will be -8 happy for 24 turns, not -24 happy for 24 turns.
                  Not bad going there Solver! A knighthood's heading your way..

Speaking of corporations, the main issue as I see it, is how the AI deals with them. Take for example my last game. The Khymer was every bit my equal as we headed into the late 20th Century and I was looking forward to the end game confrontation after dealing with two civs hell bent on culture wins! Then, out the blue he adopts Environmentalism and spams my corporations and anyone elses throughout all his cities. Ahhhh.

Eventually I get my EPs high enough to spy on him and as I'm racing through the final techs and space parts, he's on 100% gold, 0% science, and stuck on Superconductors... blah to the end game competition.

Funnily enough I enforecd a change on his civics changing him to Free Market and he somewhat recovered for a while; until he changed back.

No idea whether that's in your realm or not, but the AI's use of Environmentalism is arguably the greatest issue. Either that or Environmentalism with its +25% maintenance just doesn't cut it with the AI's rather unjudicious use of corporations.

Good luck!

Comment

Updated

Awesome. Functional corporation AI and some military AI tweaks are all BTS is really in need of now.

Comment

• Re: BtS AI - minor update

If you want a fix to the Military Academy bug, download the next file and place it into Assets\Units (again, preferably back up the original).

Just to note that the path is actually Assets\XML\Units

This just great! Thanks for doing this.

Comment

• Thanks. Great changes and great work.

Game is close to being tight now. (just the AI issues, and maybe a small mod of some sort is all that's needed to fix issues)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                          Updated

Verry inportant fix!
                          Thanks

Comment

• So, this is more then unofficial AI update?

Comment

• Wow, great work there Solver. This is really appreciated!

Comment

• * Corporation maintenance is now exempt from inflation, so the costs don't blow up so much.

Of course, this makes it pretty trivial to make a corp cost nothing or even give positive gold...

Comment

Working...
                                X