X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solver, what to?

4 per corporation branch?

Comment

• That's what I'd be inclined to try. Given that HQs are Wallstreet, that'd amount to 3 gold less per branch. It's a tricky balance, of course. In addition, the corporation maintenance base cost could always be altered slightly.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I'd say it would be best if would be if it could be 13 per branch with full bonuses. Maybe a base 4 and another 1 that can't be affected by bonuses (if that is possible)
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

• Corporation maintenance base cost could always be altered

... by reducing it by the percentage of inflation at the time the branch (or the HQ) is established; then let it be affected by inflation. Effectively zeroes out the inflation prior to establishment.

Comment

• Any input on invisible units and units 'running' from unknown places to where they were told to 'skip turn'? The cyan halo is where the unit should be if it is currently expecting orders. This just started, all was fine before.

Comment

• I assume you patched to 3.03. That messes up animations pretty badly.

Comment

• Of course. I also take it there is no fix at this time. Any non-info on when this may be rectified?

Comment

• 3.03 did fix the vista loading issue

Comment

• I am going to try to dummy up the animations one setting at a time, then add them back. Maybe the right combination of animations? I tried single unit animations to no avail.

Comment

• Have not loaded 3.03. It sounds very buggy. Is that a correct impression?
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

• Re: Re: BtS AI - minor update

Originally posted by Welnic

Just to note that the path is actually Assets\XML\Units

This just great! Thanks for doing this.
                        actually custom assets/xml/units?

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                          That's what I'd be inclined to try. Given that HQs are Wallstreet, that'd amount to 3 gold less per branch. It's a tricky balance, of course. In addition, the corporation maintenance base cost could always be altered slightly.
                          I think altering HQ income is less likely to adversely affect the AI compared to increasing base maintenance cost. In the games I've played the AIs with Corps seem keener to spread branches among their own cities than those of neighbouring civs.

Seeing the AIs breaking their own economy through spreading corps rather arbitrarily isn't great. Reducing the benefit rather than increasing the punishment is better in that respect.

Comment

• let me make it clear...i should put dll file into assets...there are already 4 empty subfolders there...into any particular subfolder or alongside them?
                            sorry for the stupid question....

Comment

• Assets... NOT CustomAssets!

Comment

• yeah, but when i open assets the folder has nothing but four empty subfolders.
                                as for military academy fix, unit/xml is in custom assets, there is nothing like that in bts assets folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X